Kunoy on the island’s west side, mentioned in Hundabrævið, has 83 inhabitants (as of 31st December 2024) and covers 32 merkur and 8 gyllin, divided into 6 merkur and 8 gyllin of copyhold land and 26 merkur and 4 gyllin of freehold land. The copyhold land is divided between five copyhold tenants. The sheep herd consists of 690 animals.
Kunoy is considered the island’s oldest village where there has been a church at least since 1592. The current church dates from 1867.